During a kitchen construction or remodeling project, you have many choices for countertop material. The most effective kitchen countertop options will combine strength, practicality and visual appeal. Here are eight of the more popular choices available to you.
- Granite: Granite is a naturally beautiful stone with considerable visual appeal in its grains and colors. Strong and long lasting, granite’s popularity means it will be readily available in several types of finishes.
- Marble: A classic, well-loved stone, marble offers a dignified look combined with an easy fit into most kitchen designs. It’s not as tough and durable as other types of stone countertop materials, but its beauty makes it a consistently popular choice.
- Soapstone: Soapstone is colorful and usually contains interesting patterns. It’s a popular choice for its resistance to stains and overall toughness.
- Recycled glass and cement: This combination of material creates a visually striking countertop surface with plenty of character. It’s also an environmentally friendly option.
- Recycled paper: Recycled paper, sometimes called paperstone, seems an unlikely material. However, the combination of paper, resins and colorings produce a durable, attractive counter surface that often resembles soapstone.
- Solid surface: Solid surface materials are made of advanced plastics shaped and molded with heat. It can be made to look like other materials, but it’s tougher and more damage-resistant than other stone or plastic options.
- Bamboo: Natural materials such as bamboo produce very appealing and usable countertops while adhering to principles of eco-friendliness.
- Engineered quartz: Engineered quartz is a manufactured material that combines quartz, pigments and resins to create a strong, nonporous material. It’s available in multiple colors and is also an eco-friendly choice.
Contact Sage Builders LLC today for professional advice on kitchen countertop options or to schedule a remodeling project that combines luxury and functionality for your kitchen.