A spa tub in your bathroom can be a beautiful and practical new fixture for your home. Before proceeding with adding a spa tub, however, consult with your plumbing professional and consider the following spa tub pros and cons.Contemporary Bathroom by San Francisco Architects & Designers Mark English Architects, AIA
Spa Tub Pros
- They add visual appeal – A spa tub beautifies a bathroom, making the space look more elegant and luxurious.
- They can increase home value – A well-maintained spa tub can make your home more attractive and valuable to potential buyers or renters.
- They create an oasis – Always remember the original intent of your spa tub: to provide a comfortable place for you to relax, reflect and recover from the stresses of your daily life.
Cons of an In-Home Spa Tub
- It may require specialized installation – Your new spa tub will need to be properly installed by a professional. Freestanding spa tubs, for example, require the use of anti-tipping brackets to keep the tub from flipping over as you get in and out. These brackets are necessary for safety and can be difficult to install.
- Not all spa tubs will do – Some spa tubs may be too short or long, the wrong shape, too deep, or too difficult to get in to. Always test a potential spa tub purchase by sitting in it and seeing how it feels before it leaves the showroom.
- The tub may require additions – A new spa tub may require the installation of additional electrical equipment such as outlets, circuit breakers or a larger water heater.
- A spa tub requires added maintenance – Keeping the unit clean will require additional maintenance and attention to the drains, jets and other components. Consider a unit with a self-cleaning system.
- Spa tubs require a lot of water – Before installing a spa tub, it’s important to consider the effect it will have on your water costs. This varies depending on the tub, so be sure to do your research and ask questions before making a decision.
Contact Sage Builders LLC today for help evaluating spa tub pros and cons or to schedule an expert installation for your new spa tub.