The evolution of bathroom design seeks to turn this necessary space into a beautiful, luxurious area as well as a functional part of the home. If you are adding or renovating a bathroom, the following design trends may appeal to you.Contemporary Bathroom by Other Metro Architects & Building Designers YLAB Arquitectos
- Technological conveniences: Some new cabinets include a refrigerated space for keeping beverages or storing perishable products such as medication or lotions. New shower systems provide extensive controls for water temperature, water pressure, and steam. Showers and tubs can include built-in stereo systems.
- Streamlined design: New design options provide a clean, streamlined look for the bathroom. Decorative benches double as cabinets that conceal the toilet. Revolving cabinets provide plentiful storage but can be rotated to almost disappear into the design of the wall.
- Universal design: Universal design follows principles that ensure easy access and usability for persons with physical limitations or mobility issues. These concepts are especially useful for older residents who want to stay in their homes as they age. Walk-in showers and tubs, grab bars, and folding shower seats are among the common features.
- Water savings and conservation: Many common bathroom fixtures are also available in water-saving models. These include toilets, shower heads, and sink faucets. These fixtures provide plenty of water for the task at hand while reducing overall water usage. This cuts utility bills and water-heating expenses.
- Nature-inspired tiles: Bathroom wall tiles that mimic or evoke natural features are becoming a popular choice. Tiles shaped like bamboo or decorated with floral patterns and earth tones are available.
Sage Builders LLC is a general contractor in Newton, MA, providing expert residential design, construction, and renovation services to clients in and around the Boston area. Contact us today for more information on adding or renovating a bathroom and on the most current trends in bathroom design and construction.