Many homeowners today are becoming more interested in energy efficiency, both for its environmental appeal and for the substantial savings it can provide on monthly energy expenses
. Here are some ways you can combine energy efficiency and home renovation during your next renovation project.
- Replace current appliances with energy-efficient models: Energy Star-certified appliances are certified by the government to be as efficient as possible. Use these types of appliances in your kitchen remodel.
- Install low-flow fixtures: Low-flow faucets and aerators will reduce the amount of hot water used, but they still provide plenty of water for necessary tasks in the kitchen.
- Use an induction range: Induction ranges use significantly less energy than traditional gas or electric cooking stoves.
- Install low-flow fixtures: Again, low-flow showerheads, toilets, and faucets can decrease the amount of water used to save energy.
- Use a non-standard toilet: You could also install a different type of toilet, such as a composting toilet or dual-flush model.
- Increase insulation: Add more insulation to the walls, ceilings, floors, and other areas of the home. Insulation resists the flow of heat and can significantly cut energy bills.
- Install new lighting: Put in low-energy LED lighting or replace current incandescent bulbs with CFL lighting.
- Put in efficient windows: Install high-efficiency windows that are well-sealed and have energy-saving features such as low-e glass, double-pane construction, or internal blinds to block sunlight.
- Improve seal: Make sure any potential air leaks in the structure of your home are well sealed with caulking or other appropriate material.
As a general contractor in Newton, MA, Sage Builders LLC
helps Boston-area homeowners design, build, and renovate some of the area’s finest homes. Contact us today for more information on energy efficiency and home renovation and for ways to successfully combine them in your next residential project.
Photo via Sage Builders LLC
By boosting the green profile of your Boston area home, you can feel good about doing what you can to save energy and help the environment. Adding energy-efficient features to your home, however, can also save you a significant amount of money each month on heating, cooling and utility costs. The right green home
improvements can pay off almost immediately.
Many of Facebook’s games may be considered harmless, entertaining time-wasters. However, a more recent game on the social media platform has the potential to increase players’ awareness of energy efficiency and subconsciously lead them to make better energy usage choices, a recent study shows.
As energy costs continue to rise, solar power is becoming an increasingly popular option for homeowners. Sunshine is plentiful, highly efficient
and relatively easy to harness with the proper equipment. Here are three significant benefits of going solar in your Boston home: Continue reading
Whether designing and building a completely new green residence or adding green features through renovations, the benefits of building a green home can be found in three important categories.
Increased energy efficiency, improvements in home comfort, and reductions in monthly energy expenses are often cited as major reasons for building a green home. But what do residents actually think about these homes once they’ve lived in them? A new industry survey provides some answers to that question, indicating that those who have experienced the benefits of a green home are highly satisfied with their choice.
Eco-friendly kitchen cabinets offer home builders and renovators plentiful options for useful and attractive kitchen design. An unexpected benefit of these types of cabinets is an improvement in indoor air quality in your home. Consider the following eco-friendly kitchen cabinets for your next kitchen project. Continue reading
Before starting on a bathroom renovation, assess how the following 14 points may affect the renovation. Continue reading
The windows in your home play a key role in your comfort, and they have a direct impact on your energy bills. Sage Builders LLC can help you choose and install energy-efficient windows that will improve the comfort of your home and save you energy dollars for years to come. Continue reading
When working with our design/build team at Sage Builders LLC, you’ll find it quite easy to incorporate green home design
features into your new or remodeled Boston area home. You and the experts will discuss using a whole-house approach during the design phase. There are many variables that go into a whole-house approach. Some of these include: Continue reading