For many middle-aged homeowners, aging in place means being able to remain in a familiar, comfortable residential environment throughout their older years. Aging in place renovations ensure your home is safe and functional for you despite any physical limitations that aging may bring. Before starting aging in place renovations in your current home, consider the following points carefully.
An upgrade to your master bath can change the space from average to outstanding. Here are five luxurious master bath upgrades that make this room one of the more inviting in your home.
- Add a sauna: Saunas aren’t just for the gym. A sauna in your master bathroom can provide a place to relax and sweat it out after a workout at home or a particularly hard day. They can also be a warm and enticing space during the colder New England months.
- Include a dual shower: A dual shower can take the place of a bathtub in your master bath. Designed with a shower head front and back, this bathing area takes up some extra space, but it ensures a thorough and luxurious shower.
- Install a Japanese soaking tub: A Japanese soaking tub is smaller than a regular tub, but it’s big and deep enough for two people to be fully submerged. These bathroom features are useful if you have limited space or want to devote more room to a shower.
- Accent and highlight with wood: Wood is an appealing natural material for paneling and highlighting. Wood is available that will resist moisture, mold and problems associated with dampness. In a bathroom, wood provides a warmer and more organic feel than standard tile.
- Accentuate your view: If you have a view from your home, install windows that let you enjoy it while soaking in your tub. Don’t forget about privacy, especially if you have neighbors nearby. However, a large window will give you more opportunity to appreciate the view that drew you to your house in the first place.
Contact Sage Builders LLC today for expert help choosing luxurious master bath upgrades that will provide practicality and style.
The concept of universal design embraces indoor design options that produce the greatest amount of accessibility throughout the space. One of these concepts, the open floor plan, provides for improved ease of movement between different functional areas of your indoor living environment by eliminating walls, doors and similar obstacles. Continue reading
Converting your attic to an additional room or finished indoor area can expand your home’s living spaces with minimal expense. Not all attics are good candidates for a conversion, however. Here are some of the more important considerations Sage Builders LLC will keep in mind when planning an attic conversion for your home: Continue reading
Sage Builders LLC has received two distinguished CotY (Contractor of the Year) Awards from the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI).
Sage, based in Newton, received the Gold Award in the Residential Kitchen category for a major kitchen remodeling and a Silver Award for a home library project. The awards were presented in a ceremony on November 13, 2013.
Gold Award Winning Kitchen
Sage’s Gold Award was earned for a thorough and practical remodeling of the kitchen of an 1890s home in Newton.
The project required a complete revision of an existing kitchen to create more usable area and a cheerful, well-lit space within the kitchen’s existing footprint. The functional areas of the kitchen were flipped, allowing better use of available square footage and a reassignment of food prep and other areas that provides improved efficiency and comfort. Sage Builders LLC also added features such as layered LED lighting and full-view glass doors to admit increased amounts of natural lighting.
Silver Award Winning Residential Library
The Silver Award project involved transforming and renovating a little-used and unexciting room into a vibrant residential library. The home is the residence of an Italian family who moved to New England after living 20 years in England.
Sage confronted problems such as walls and ceilings that were not level, square or plumb, requiring the construction of a skeleton frame on the walls to accommodate the room’s paneling, trim and extensive ceiling coffers.
General, task and ambient lighting was addressed with a variety of lighting layers and types. This was tied together with an integrated control system that allows all lights to be operated from one convenient location. Each coffer is illuminated by LED strip lighting. The system also ties into the home theater system, allowing remote control access and the capability to program lights to complement audio/visual selections.
The family now uses this NARI Contractor of the Year Award-worthy space as an attractive focal point for the house and a central location for reading, watching television and playing music.
Sage Builders LLC is West Boston’s premier design/build contractor, specializing in sustainable building and green construction. Contact us today for expert assistance planning, designing and building your new project or renovation.