When beginning the design phase for a kitchen remodeling project, the experienced design/build team at Sage Builders LLC can help you out. A transitional kitchen will take traditional features and blend them with contemporary styling and details to achieve a unique and functional space. Here are some things that you should take into consideration when designing and decorating your transitional kitchen:
- Neutral color scheme: By avoiding bright and flashy colors, you will create a warm and inviting kitchen. You can include small bits of color accents, but don’t overdo it.
- Simplistic accents: Avoid clutter when adding fixtures to your transitional kitchen. Keep everything simple and orderly.
- A new angle on tile: Rather than incorporating a weave or offset pattern on your backsplash tile, use a grid layout. This will put a new spin on the traditional tile look.
- Natural surfaces: Quarried stone for counters or other natural materials for counters and floors will go in any kitchen. Keep edge designs simple to maintain a transitional kitchen look.
- A hint of embellishment: Small details in finishing will go a long way to tie traditional kitchen elements into contemporary design. Window trim and corbels help substantially.
- Natural and synthetic in harmony: Consider mixing sustainable natural materials such as wood cabinets with manufactured materials such as stainless steel appliances. This will highlight the aesthetics of both.
- Texture is key: With a neutral color scheme, make sure to include lots of texture to add visual impact.
- Streamlined cabinets: Having simple panel door cabinets made from natural wood will keep your kitchen modern, yet traditional. Incorporate streamlined hardware for a contemporary flair.
For more information on a transitional kitchen remodel, or other remodeling questions, contact the professionals at Sage Builders LLC.