For residential construction or renovation projects, the ideal choice is often a material that combines toughness and durability with good visual appeal and
. Fiber-cement siding is an outstanding option that provides all the benefits of eco-friendly home siding with the features that make it a good choice for long-term use.
is made from just a few materials:
- Wood pulp
- Fly Ash or silica sand
Water is used to dissolve the wood pulp and activate the cement. The wood pulp helps make the siding flexible and resilient, while the fly ash or sand serves as a filler. The cement holds all the ingredients together.
Benefits of Fiber-Cement Siding
Sage Builders LLC
- Appealing finishes: Fiber-cement siding can provide multiple visual finishes that mimic wood, brick, and stone. It is a good alternative to painted wood clapboards or shingles as a siding.
- Resistance to the elements: Fiber-cement siding is very tough and resistant to effects of the elements. Rain, snow, heat, cold, dryness, moisture–fiber-cement siding can withstand them all with minimal effects.
- Resistance to rot and insects: Since this type of siding contains significant amounts of cement, it won’t rot like wood or be susceptible to damage from insects.
- Low maintenance needs: Fiber-cement siding is easy to maintain, requiring occasional spraying to remove dirt and other material. Any caulked joints or connections should be checked and upgraded every few years.
- Long-lasting: This type of siding will typically last 25 years or longer, often up to the lifetime of the house.
, a general contractor in Newton, MA, is a premier provider of design-build, construction, renovation, and associated consulting services in Boston and the surrounding New England communities. Contact us today for more information on eco-friendly home siding and how fiber-cement siding can meet your requirements.